Saturday, March 28, 2009

I was sick all of last week and never made it into Villa. This week I worked 2 days for a total of 9 hours.

My first task was to set the business administrator up with a loner computer while I reformat her old one. That was simple, I just had to configure outlook for her, install quick books then link her network drive to 'my documents.' She works from home on Monday's so on Wednesday I gave her the laptop and took her old one. When I gave it to her I made sure quick books was linked to the files on the server and she could log on. Initially it didn't work since she forgot her login name, but I told her to try administrator or admin and sure enough admin worked. I then reformatted her old computer and will have it ready for her when she is in next week.

I finished off getting the new laptop ready for the teacher in 4B and gave that to her on Monday. Everything worked fine except for a Math program she uses was missing from the new computer. She installed the software herself, I just had to go to her old computer and pull the files for the program for the new laptop.

One of the laptops in the computer cart blue screened repeatably so I wiped it and reimaged windows onto it. It was a simple fix and the computer was back up and running in 15 minutes.

I finally figured out the problem I was running into with ghost and reimaging the new hard drive for the principal. Once I fixed the problem I loaded the image and installed the new drive. Due to the time laps between creating the image and loading the image her outlook db file was out of date. The easy fix was to just delete it and open up outlook again; since there was no db file for it a new one was created and problem solved.

One of the 8th grade teacher's outlook had mysteriously disappeared from her laptop. I poked around and sure enough it was completely gone from the computer. I reinstalled outlook 2007 and she was good to go.

That was it for the major problems this week and I will hopefully be able to get to some back burner problems next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment