Friday, February 27, 2009
Week of February 16th
This week was another short week where I only worked one day for 4 hours. My primary task was to finish up the first new laptop and ran sysprep on it. There were one or two minor settings I had to tweak on the computer before I could run sysprep so I did that first. I haven't ever run sysprep on Vista so I went online to see how it was different from XP and prepared to run it accordingly. It was really simple and actually worked alot easier than XP. When that finished, I then set up a ghost cast to save its image to the server. To do that I had to create a ghost boot disk with the correct network card drivers. It took a little while for me to get the ghost boot disk correct with the proper drivers and settings, but after a few trys I got it to work. From there it was just a matter of booting ghost on the laptop and connecting to the ghost cast session to backup the image. The image took about a half hour to make and when that finished I tried it out on another laptop. It installed to the new laptop in about an hour. Both laptops worked perfect so next week I will finish the other 10.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment