Friday, February 6, 2009
Windows Mojave
This week was yet another short week and I worked for 4 hours there on Monday. Everything was running smoothly and there weren't any pressing matters so I worked on setting up some new laptops which were purchased for a second laptop cart. We decided to go with Vista on them and I planned on using sysprep to distribute the installation. I focused on getting one laptop up and running with all the usually apps and make sure Vista was going to run smoothly on them. I am very familiar with vista at this point and, after shutting down half the default crap Vista ships with, find it to run as smooth as XP. The only thing I didn't like was the new logon screen when a domain is joined, but there isn't anything I can do about that. Those laptops that the kids use require a half dozen programs and fortunately only one of them was not Vista compatible. That program isn't really important for them anyway so it was fine to not have it. For next week I will be good to run sysprep and then ghost out the image to the rest of the laptops. After that there was also a new desktop that was ready to be set up. That was a really simple setup, it didn't require a reformat or anything, just uninstall some factory shipped software and install office, endpoint and configure outlook. Other than that there was just a small issue with a printer acting up that ended up just being a paper issue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment